Scylla for Administrators¶
- Administrator Guide - Scylla Administrator Guide
- Nodetool Reference - Scylla commands for managing Scylla node or cluster using the command-line nodetool utility.
- CQLSh - the CQL shell.
- REST - Scylla REST/HTTP Admin API.
- Tracing - a ScyllaDB tool for debugging and analyzing internal flows in the server.
- SSTableloader - Migrate to Scylla using SSTableloader.
- cassandra-stress A tool for benchmarking and load testing a Scylla and Cassandra clusters.
- SSTabledump - Scylla 3.0, Scylla Enterprise 2019.1 and newer versions
- SSTable2JSON - Scylla 2.3 and older
- sstablelevelreset - Reset level to 0 on a selected set of SSTables that use LeveledCompactionStrategy (LCS).
- sstablemetadata - Prints metadata about a specified SSTable.
- sstablerepairedset - Mark specific SSTables as repaired or unrepaired.
Scylla Manager is a centralized cluster administration and recurrent tasks automation tool. Scylla Manager can schedule tasks such as repairs. Scylla Manager is available for Scylla Enterprise customers and Scylla Open Source users. With Scylla Open Source, Scylla Manager is limited to 5 nodes. See the Scylla Manager Proprietary Software License Agreement for details.
Choose the Scylla Manager version
Scylla Monitoring is a full stack for Scylla monitoring and alerting. The stack contains open source tools including Prometheus and Grafana, as well as custom Scylla dashboards and tooling.
Choose the Scylla Monitoring version:
- Scylla Security Checklist
- Enable Authentication
- Enable and Disable Authentication Without Downtime
- Enable Authorization
- Grant Authorization CQL Reference
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Scylla Auditing Guide
- Encryption: Data in Transit Client to Node
- Encryption: Data in Transit Node to Node
- Generating a self-signed Certificate Chain Using openssl
- Encryption at Rest
- How to Report a Scylla Problem
- SSTable Corruption Problem
- Error Messages
- Reset Authenticator Password
- Failed Decommission Problem
- Toubelshoot Monitoring
- Troubleshooting guide for Scylla Manager and Scylla Monitoring integration
- Scylla Fails to Start Due to Wrong Ownership Problems
- Scylla Large Partitions Table
- Scylla Large Rows and Cells Tables
- Large Partitions Hunting
- COPY FROM fails - field larger than the field limit
- Dropped (or truncated) Table (or keyspace) and Disk Space is not Reclaimed
- Nodetool fails with SocketTimeoutException ‘Read timed out’
- Space Utilization Keeps Going Up During Normal Operation
- There Are A Lot Of Single SSTable Compactions That Don’t Compact Anything
- How to Change Log Level in Runtime
- Scylla will not Start
- Cluster Timeouts
- Time Range Queries Do Not Return Some or All of the Data
- A change in EPEL broke Scylla Python Script
- Node Joined With No Data
- Scylla Manager is reporting REST API status of healthy nodes as down