Planning and Setup
- Compaction - To free up disk space and speed up reads, Scylla must do compaction operations.
- DPDK mode - Learn to select and configure networking for DPDK mode
- POSIX networking for Scylla - Scylla’s POSIX mode works on all physical and virtual network devices and is useful for development work.
- System Limits - outlines the system limits which should be set or removed
- Run Scylla as a custom user:group - Configure the Scylla and supporting services to run as a custom user:group.
Scylla under the hood
- Gossip in Scylla - Scylla, like Cassandra, uses a type of protocol called “gossip” to exchange metadata about the identities of nodes in a cluster. Here’s how it works behind the scenes.
- Scylla consistency quiz for administrators - How much do you know about NoSQL, from the administrator point of view?
- Data model for a social reader application - A simple data model for a link sharing and recommendation site
- Scylla Memory Usage - Short explanation how Scylla manages memory
- Scylla Nodes are Unresponsive - How to handle swap in Scylla
- CQL Query Does Not Display Entire Result Set - What to do when a CQL query doesn’t display the entire result set.
- Snapshots and Disk Utilization - How snapshots affect disk utilization
- Scylla Snapshots - What Scylla snapshots are, what they are used for, and how they get created and removed.
- How does Scylla LWT Differ from Apache Cassandra ? - How does Scylla’s implementation of lightweight transactions differ from Apache Cassandra?
Configuring and Integrating Scylla
- NTP configuration for Scylla - Scylla depends on an accurate system clock. Learn to configure NTP for your data store and applications.
- Scylla and Spark integration - How to run an example Spark application that uses Scylla to store data?
- Map CPUs to Scylla Shards - Mapping between CPUs and Scylla shards
- Recreate RAID devices - How to recreate your RAID devices without running scylla-setup
- Configure Scylla Networking with Multiple NIC/IP Combinations - examples for setting the different IP addresses in scylla.yaml
- Kafka Sink Connector Quickstart
- Kafka Sink Connector Configuration