Learn To Use Scylla¶
Mutant Monitoring Systems (MMS)
Mutants have emerged from the shadows and are wreaking havoc on Earth! Learn Scylla through step by step examples based on a “true story”.
- Day 1: Building a Mutant Monitoring System (MMS) In this episode, you will set up a simple cluster with data.
- Day 2: Building the Tracking System In this episode, you will add more tables, add data, and query them.
- Day 3: Analyzing Mutant Data with Presto In this episode, you will use Presto SQL query engine to run complex queries against the database you created.
- Day 4: We Are Under Attack! In this episode you will learn how to bring back a downed node and repair a cluster.
- Day 5: Visualizing Data with Zeppelin. In this episode, you will learn how to use Zeppelin a Java web-based solution to interact with Scylla.
- Day 6: Multi-datacenter Replication. In this episode you will create a second datacenter and confirm replication between the datacenters. Even if a node is offline, you will learn how to keep everything in check.
- Day 7: Mutant Monitoring Systems (MMS) Day 7 – Multi-datacenter Consistency Levels. In this episode you will learn how to set the correct consistency level for your cluster.