nodetool utility provides a simple command-line interface to the following exposed operations and attributes. Scylla’s nodetool is a fork of the Apache Cassandra nodetool with the same syntax and a subset of the operations.
Nodetool generic options¶
All options are supported:
( -h | --host ) <host name> | <ip address> ( -p | --port ) <port number> ( -pw | --password ) <password > ( -u | --username ) <user name> ( -pwf <passwordFilePath | --password-file <passwordFilePath> )
Supported Nodetool operations¶
Operations which are not listed below are currently not available.
- cfhistograms - Provides statistics about a table, including number of SSTables, read/write latency, partition size and column count.
- cfstats - Provides in-depth diagnostics regard table.
- cleanup - Triggers the immediate cleanup of keys no longer belonging to a node.
- clearsnapshot - This command removes snapshots.
- compactionhistory - Provides the history of compactions
- compactionstats - Print statistics on compactions
- compact- Force a (major) compaction on one or more column families.
- decommission - Decommission the node
- describecluster - Print the name, snitch, partitioner and schema version of a cluster
<keyspace>- Shows the token ranges info of a given keyspace
- disablebackup - Disable incremental backup
- disablebinary - Disable native transport (binary protocol)
- disablegossip - Disable gossip (effectively marking the node down)
- drain - Drain the node (stop accepting writes and flush all column families)
- enablebackup - Enable incremental backup
- enablebinary - Reenable native transport (binary protocol)
- enablegossip - Reenable gossip
- flush - Flush one or more column families
<key>- Print the end points that owns the key
- getlogginglevels - Get the runtime logging levels
- gossipinfo - Shows the gossip information for the cluster
- help - Display list of avilable nodetool commands.
- info - Print node information
- listsnapshots - Lists all the snapshots along with the size on disk and true size
<new token>- Move node on the token ring to a new token
- netstats - Print network information on provided host (connecting node by default)
- proxyhistograms - Print statistic histograms for network operations
[<src-dc-name>]- Rebuild data by streaming from other nodes (similarly to bootstrap)
- refresh- Load newly placed SSTables to the system without restart
<ID>- Remove node with the provided ID
<table>- Repair one or more tables
- ring - The nodetool ring command display the token ring information.
<class> <level>- Set the log level threshold
-- <value>- Sets the probability for tracing a request. Value is trace probability between 0 and 1
[-t tag] [-cf column_family] <keyspace>- Take a snapshot of specified keyspaces or a snapshot of the specified table
- statusbackup - Status of incremental backup
- statusbinary - Status of native transport (binary protocol)
- statusgossip - Status of gossip
- status - Print cluster information
- stop - Stop compaction.
- version - Print the DB version
© 2016, The Apache Software Foundation.
Apache®, Apache Cassandra®, Cassandra®, the Apache feather logo and and the Apache Cassandra® Eye logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation in the United States and/or other countries. No endorsement by The Apache Software Foundation is implied by the use of these marks.